Even though I used Pork Ribs, you can take advantage of ANY cut of meat.
All of the items listed below, aside from the meat, are part of my staple kitchen. I have them on hand all of the time.
|Inspired by American BBQ and Indian/Portuguese Vindaloo|
1 kg pork ribs (or other meats just regulate cooking time accordingly)
Curry to coat all meat (either make your own or use pre-made)
1 garlic, whole
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, from root to start of green leaves, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp hot sauce or ketchup, depending on your “temperature preference”
2 tbsp maple syrup
spices to taste; include black pepper, turmeric, and oregano
- Heat oven to 175 Celsius, coat the meat completely with the curry (being generous) then wrap in foil. Also, add the garlic in the foil wrap. Place straight in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you have the bones facing upwards.
- Put oil in a pan and then sauté onions and leeks until brown and caramelized. Add lemon juice, hot sauce/ ketchup, maple syrup, and spices. Mix together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour onion mixture into food processor and purée with only very small chunks left.
- When meat has cooked 2 hours, pull out and transfer to ovenware and add the salsa mixture. Once again, coat the meat with the new mixture and put back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Take out and serve hot. Enjoy!